Logic debuts at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 with ‘Everybody.’ Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber rise to no. 1 on the Hot 100 with “Despacito.”
Logic had an awesome week. He took his third album, Everybody, to no. 1 on the Billboard 200. (247,000 units with 79% pure sales). Chris Stapleton also earned a piece of the Billboard 200 pie as From A Room: Volume 1 lands at no. 2, moving 219,000 units (92% pure sales). On the Billboard Hot 100, there’s another new no. 1. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee earns their first no. 1 hit with “Despacito,” featuring Justin Bieber. DJ Khaled slips from no. 1 to no. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “I’m the One?” Here are ten takeaways from the Billboard 200 and Billboard Hot 100, dated May 27, 2017.
10 Billboard 200 Takeaways
- Logic debuts at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 with Everybody.
- Chris Stapleton earns the top-selling album of the week, but settles for no. 2 on the Billboard 200 with From A Room: Volume 1.
- After three weeks at no. 1, Kendrick Lamar sees DAMN. slip from no. 1 to no. 3. The numbers are still looking good, nonetheless.
- Russ debuts at no. 7 with his debut album, There’s Really A Wolf.
- Gorillaz sees Humanz slip from no. 2 to no. 9 in its second week on the charts.
- Now 62 misses the top 10! It settles for a no. 11 start on the Billboard 200.
- Diana Krall earns a top-20 debut with Turn Up the Quiet, which launches at no. 18.
- Motionless in White debuts at no. 27 with Graveyard Shift.
- Mary J. Blige free falls in her second week. Strength of a Woman drops from no. 3 to no. 28.
- Mac DeMarco debuts at no. 29 with his latest project, This Old Dog.
10 Hot 100 Takeaways
- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee take “Despacito,” featuring Justin Bieber ascends from no. 3 to no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in its 17th charting week.
- DJ Khaled descends from no. 1 to no. 3 with “I’m the One,” which features a star-studded cast.
- Harry Styles sees “Sign of the Times” rebound 10 spots from no. 28 to no. 18.
- Brett Young is on the rise with “In Case You Didn’t Know,” which ascends from no. 31 to no. 24.
- French Montana is picking up momentum with “Unforgettable,” featuring Swae Lee, which rises from no. 42 to no. 29.
- Childish Gambino sees “Redbone” ascend eight spots from no. 44 to a new peak position of no. 36.
- Logic ascends 14 spots with meaningful single “1-800-273-8255,” featuring Alessia Cara and Khalid. It rises from no. 61 to no. 47.
- Niall Horan is on the rise as “Slow Hands” picks up steam (rises from no. 90 to no. 52).
- Charlie Puth is definitely getting more “Attention” (ascends from no. 64 to no. 53).
- Miley Cyrus takes “Malibu” to a no. 64 debut.
Photo Credit: Def Jam