Kendrick Lamar (‘DAMN.’) spends a second week at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 while Bruno Mars (“That’s What I Like”) moves to no. 1 on the Hot 100.
Unsurprisingly, on the Billboard 200, Kendrick Lamar remains the artist to beat. DAMN. spends a second consecutive week at no. 1. One artist was able to stop Lamar from topping the Billboard Hot 100 for a second week: Bruno Mars. “That’s What I Like” moves to no. 1. Besides Kendrick’s dominance on the Billboard 200, and Mars’ ascent to the top on the Hot 100, there’s plenty to highlight from the Billboard 200 and Billboard Hot 100 dated May 13, 2017.
Billboard 200 Takeaways
- Kendrick Lamar remains the artist to beat as DAMN. spends a second consecutive week at no. 1.
- Incubus was unable to beat both Drake (More Life) and Ed Sheeran (÷) for the runner-up spot. 8 settles for a no. 4 start.
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2 debuts at no. 8 on the Billboard 200.
- Barry Manilow earns the third highest debut on the Billboard 200. This Is My Town: Songs of New York starts at no. 12.
- Brad Paisley settles for a so-so no. 13 start for his latest studio album, Love and War.
- blackbear enjoys a better start than his collaborative project mansionz did earlier in 2017. Digital druglord enjoys a no. 14 start.
- The Fate of the Furious: The Album experienced a tumble this week. After debuting at no. 10, the compilation dips nine spots to no. 19.
- Sheryl Crow couldn’t secure a spot in the top 20. Be Myself bows at no. 22.
- John Mayer sees The Search for Everything slip 21 spots from no. 2 to no. 23.
- Lord Huron continue their ascent up the charts on the strength of “The Night We Met.” Strange Trails rises from no. 113 to no. 96.
Hot 100 Takeaways
- Bruno Mars sees “That’s What I Like” ascend from no. 3 to no. 1 this week on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Kendrick Lamar’s stay atop the Billboard Hot 100 was short. “Humble” slips from no. 1 to no. 3.
- Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber have a hit on their hands. “Despacito” ascends from no. 9 to no. 4 this week.
- Khalid breaks into the top 20, finally! “Location” ascends nine spots from no. 25 to no. 16.
- Shawn Mendes debuts at no. 44 with his newest single, “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back.”
- Machine Gun Kelly is on his way to another potential hit as “At My Best” (featuring Hailee Steinfeld) jumps 35 spots from no. 98 to no. 63.
- Lana Del Rey debuts at no. 64 with her latest single “Lust for Life,” featuring The Weeknd.
- Charlie Puth calls attention to himself at no. 68.
- blackbear sends “do re mi” to the Hot 100 at no. 87.
- Paramore lands at no. 90 with “Hard Times.”
Photo Credits: Interscope