Ed Sheeran remains the one to beat on the Billboard Hot 100 as “Shape of You” spends its ninth week at no. 1. Drake sees multiple songs debut from ‘More Life.’
Beyond Sheeran and Drake, there are a number of compelling chart stories from the Billboard 200 dated April 8, 2017.
- Ed Sheeran continues to be a “force to be reckoned with.” “The Shape of You” remains no. 1 on the Hot 100.
- Once again, Bruno Mars finds himself stuck behind Ed Sheeran. “That’s What I Like” still looks like it’s on its way to reach no. 1, eventually.
- Drake sees multiple songs debut on the Billboard Hot 100. The two top-10 debuts from Drake are “Passionfruit” (no. 8) and “Portland” featuring Travis Scott (no. 9). The question is, how did “Free Smoke” only muster up a no. 15 debut?
- Zedd & Alessia Cara are on the rise with “Stay,” which ascends from no. 27 to no. 21 this week.
- Maroon 5 slips this week as “Cold” (featuring Future) slides from no. 16 to no. 31.
- Khalid continues to gain momentum with “Location” (moves up from no. 35 to no. 32).
- Lorde continues a downward slide as “Green Light” drops from no. 39 to no. 65.
- Machine Gun Kelly debuts at no. 88 with “At My Best,” featuring Hailee Steinfeld.
- Rick Ross debuts at no. 97 with hard-hitting banger, “Trap Trap Trap.” Young Thug and Wale assist Ross on the joint.
- Jason Derulo takes “Swalla” – assisted by Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign – to a no. 98 bow on the Hot 100.
Photo Credit: Cash Money