Ed Sheeran spends a fourth nonconsecutive week at no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Shape of You.” Zayn and Taylor Swift are on the rise at no. 2.
The big story of the Billboard Hot 100 (dated March 4, 2017) is that Ed Sheeran hold onto the no. 1 spot. “Shape of You” has now spent four nonconsecutive weeks at no. 1. Still, Zayn and Taylor Swift deserve some recognition for “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker),” which rises to no. 2. Besides the aforementioned Hot 100 tales, there’s more Billboard Hot 100 news to be dissected.
- Ed Sheeran tops the Billboard Hot 100 for a fourth nonconsecutive week with “Shape of You.” Clearly, Mr. Sheeran knows how to shape a hit… See what we did there?
- Zayn and Taylor Swift are a pop match made in heaven. “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)” ascends from no. 3 to no. 2 this week.
- Katy Perry, assisted by Skip Marley, makes a big comeback with “Chained to the Rhythm,” which debuts at no. 4.
- Bruno Mars earns another top-10 hit with “That’s What I Like,” which ascends from no. 37 to no. 7 this week.
- Maroon 5 doesn’t debut coldly in the least. “Cold” starts respectably at no. 42.
- Chris Young upgrades with the help of Vince Gill as “Sober Saturday Night” ascends 19 spots from no. 66 to no. 47.
- Rae Sremmurd improves 20 spots as “Swang” rises from no. 77 to no. 57.
- DJ Khaled sees “Shining” – a hot new joint featuring Beyoncé and JAY Z – debut at no. 62.
- Brett Young is on the rise with single “In Case You Didn’t Know” (no. 94 to no. 75).
- Kygo & Selena Gomez debut at no. 93 with hot new single, “It Ain’t Me.”