Ed Sheeran boots Migos (“Bad and Boujee”) from the no. 1 spot. Sheeran scores two top ten hits with “Shape of You” and “Castle on the Hill.”
Expectedly, pop singer/songwriter darling Ed Sheeran made a huge splash on the Billboard Hot 100. Dropping two awesome new singles, Sheeran managed to secure two spots within the top 10 of the Hot 100. “Shape of You” earned top honors, with the rare debut at no. 1, while “Castle on the Hill” settled for no. 6. Beyond Sheeran, there’s still plenty of familiarity within the top five, not to mention numerous chart tales from the Hot 100 dated January 28, 2017.
- Ed Sheeran is “big man on campus.” “Shape of You” debuts at no. 1, while “Castle on the Hill” just misses the top-five, starting at no. 6.
- Migos don’t fall far from grace. “Bad and Boujee” slips to no. 2, but does so making the biggest gains in streams, digital sales, and airplay.
- The rest of the top-five is familiar. Rae Sremmurd dip one spot with “Black Beatles” (no. 2 to no. 3). The Weeknd remains at no. 4 with “Starboy. The Chainsmokers dip two spots with the Halsey-assisted “Closer” (no. 3 to no. 5)
- Big Sean continues to experience gains with “Bounce Back,” which rises from no. 18 to no. 16. “Moves” also makes moves (no. 77 to no. 62).
- James Arthur continues to find success stateside with single “Say You Won’t Let Go.” Arthur sees his hit rise six spots from no. 37 to no. 31.
- Adele remains unstoppable as “Water Under the Bridge” ascends five spots (no. 38 to no. 33).
- KYLE and Lil Yachty gain steam with “iSpy,” ascending 20 spots from no. 62 to no. 42.
- Clean Bandit, assisted by Sean Paul and Anne-Marie see gains for “Rockabye,” which jumps from no. 61 to no. 51.
- Bebe Rexha sees a huge gain with “I Got You” in its second charting week (no. 94 to no. 63).
- Sam Hunt starts at no. 89 with single, “Drinkin’ Too Much.”
Photo Credits: Atlantic