The Chainsmokers seem to be unstoppable. For a ninth week, “Closer” holds down the no. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
The Chainsmokers seem to be unstoppable. The duo spends a rare 10th week at no. 1. “Closer” isn’t budging from the no. 1 spot on the Hot 100. The Weeknd continues to trail “Closer” as “Starboy” gains more steam. D.R.A.M. finally reaches the top five with “Broccoli.” Beyond the three aforementioned examples, there are a number of chart stories from the Hot 100 dated November 5, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers spend a rare 10th week at no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Closer” (ft. Halsey)
- The Weeknd is indeed a “Starboy,” but can’t stop The Chainsmokers extended reign. It remains firmly planted at no. 2, once more with performance gains.
- D.R.A.M. breaks into the top-five with “Broccoli” (ft. Lil Yachty).
- Young M.A has a big hit on her hands as “OOOUUU” ascends from no. 28 to no. 21.
- Rae Sremmurd takes “Black Beatles” from no. 33 to no. 22 in its sixth charting week.
- Alessia Cara sees “Scars To Your Beautiful” enter the top 40 (no. 42 to no. 36).
- Chance the Rapper continues to gain support for “No Problem” ft. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz (no. 49 to no. 43).
- Florida Georgia Line ascend nine spots with “May We All” featuring Tim McGraw (no. 59 to no. 50).
- 21 Savage & Metro Boomin move up the charts with “X” (ft. Future). The record jumps 17 spots from no. 71 to no. 54.
- Jon Bellion may be experiencing the performance he deserves on the charts. “All Time Low” zooms up the chart from no. 82 to no. 59.