This week, The Weeknd sees “Starboy” on the rise. Regardless of his status as a “starboy,” his growth in performance wasn’t enough to dethrone The Chainsmokers and Halsey. For an eighth consecutive week, “Closer” is no. 1. Beyond The Chainsmokers and the rise of The Weeknd, there are more chart stories on the Billboard Hot 100 dated October 22, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers spend an eighth consecutive week atop the Billboard Hot 100. “Closer” (ft. Halsey) seems unstoppable.
- The Weeknd couldn’t stop The Chainsmokers this week, but doesn’t it feel like he’s close to earning another no. 1 hit with “Starboy” (ft. Daft Punk). Of course!
- D.R.A.M. continues his ascent with “Broccoli” (ft. Lil Yachty). “Broccoli” jumps two spots from no. 8 to no. 6.
- gnash enters the top 10 with “I Hate U I Love U” (ft. Olivia O’Brien). The single rises from no. 13 to no. 10.
- Ariana Grande sees “Side to Side” (ft. Nicki Minaj) ascend seven spots from no. 19 to no. 12.
- The Chainsmokers latest single “All We Know” (ft. Phoebe Ryan) debuts at no. 18.
- Niall Horan sees “This Town” jump from no. 63 to no. 25.
- Keith Urban continues to ascend as “Blue Ain’t Your Color” gains in popularity (no. 53 to no. 45).
- DJ Khaled sees “Do You Mind” (ft. Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown & August Alsina) jump 30 spots from no. 82 to no. 52.
- The Weeknd sees “False Alarm” bow at no. 63.
Photo Credit: #1EpicCheck LLC / EMPIRE