The Chainsmokers remain the biggest story on the Billboard Hot 100. “Closer” (ft. Halsey) spends its seventh week at no. 1. Right behind it – as has been the case for several weeks – is Twenty One Pilots’ “Heathens.” So, with the top two spots unchanged, The Weeknd earns the headline as “Starboy” ascends to no. 3. Beyond the top three spots, there’s more chart stories on the Hot 100 dated October 15, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers (“Closer”) retain the no. 1 spot on the Hot 100 for the seventh consecutive week. The Chainsmokers and Halsey are doing big things.
- The no. 1 spot continues to elude Twenty One Pilots. “Heathens” continues to settle for the runner-up spot.
- The Weeknd sees his new single “Starboy” (ft. Daft Punk) fly up the charts from no. 40 to no. 3. Seems the Weeknd can truly back up being a “motherfuckin’ star boy.”
- gnash sees “I Hate U I Love U” (ft. Olivia O’Brien) jump into the top-15 of the Hot 100. The record ascends from no. 19 to no. 13.
- Hailee Steinfield & Grey break into the top 25 with “Starving” (ft. Zedd). “Starving” rises from no. 31 to no. 24.
- Young M.A. continues to build momentum as “OOOUUU” ascends from no. 52 to no. 36.
- Rae Sremmurd seem to have another hit on their hands. “Black Beatles” jumps 26 spots from no. 77 to no. 41.
- Amine ascends up the charts with “Caroline,” which rises from no. 65 to new peak no. 52.
- Lady Gaga continues to lose support on “Perfect Illusion,” which dips from no. 42 to no. 59 in its third charting week.
- Niall Horan sees “This Town” debut at no. 63. “This Town” created quite a buzz upon its release…at least among the tweens.
Publishing Note: An expanded version of 10 Hot 100 Takeaways – Hot 100 Jewels – is published weekly on Wednesdays on The Musical Hype.