The story of the Billboard Hot 100 continues to center around The Chainsmokers as “Closer” spends its fourth week at no. 1. Even so, hot on The Chainsmokers’ tails is Twenty One Pilots’ “Heathens,” which reaches a new peak position at no. 2. Can Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun rise to no. 1? Time will tell, but this isn’t about “what ifs” but stories that have transpired on the Hot 100. Here are some of the biggest stories for the Hot 100 dated September 24, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers (ft. Halsey) retain the no. 1 spot on the Hot 100 with “Closer” for a fourth consecutive week. A second single, “Don’t Let Me Down” (ft. Daya), remains at no. 5.
- Twenty One Pilots sees Suicide Squad track “Heathens” ascend from no. 3 to no. 2. Twenty One Pilots also have a second top ten single with “Ride” (no. 6).
- Charlie Puth earns himself another top-10 hit as “We Don’t Talk Anymore” (ft. Selena Gomez) ascends from no. 12 to no. 10.
- Drake sees “One Dance” exit the top 10. Mark this date down!
- D.R.A.M. sees “Broccoli” continue to ascend up the charts (no. 18 to no. 14).
- Ariana Grande’s “Side to Side” (ft. Nicki Minaj) jumps 13 spots from no. 31 to no. 18.
- gnash achieves a new peak position as “I Hate U I Love U” (ft. Olivia O’Brien) ascends one spot to no. 22.
- Hailee Steinfield & Grey see a 10-position spike for single “Starving” (ft. Zedd). “Starving” rises from no. 49 to no. 39.
- Travis Scott & Young Thug sees single “Pick Up The Phone” rise 30 spots from no. 73 to no. 43. Quavo is featured on the track. Furthermore, the best song from Scott’s Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight, “Goosebumps” (ft. Kendrick Lamar), starts at no. 92.
- Sia sees latest single “The Greatest” (ft. Kendrick Lamar) debut at no. 52.
Photo Credit: Atlantic