That time of year has come again folks – It’s an event my friends! What event exactly you ask? Compiling the list of the best albums of 2016…so far. Hey, it’s only June! The list in the past has been published on Starpulse.com. This year, it’s published on The Musical Hype. The good thing about The Musical Hype? It’s my own site, so republishing and sharing excerpts is no biggie (hey, I’m writing and paying for it, right?).
Below you’ll find the list of albums selected as the 25 bests albums of the year as of yet. Totally thrown off by the selections? Make sure you check out the full-fledged article for my rationales. Maybe the rationales still won’t convince you, but regardless, they should at least be entertaining…the key words being should be.
The top three albums were locks (Beyoncé, Radiohead, and Rihanna). There was some reordering within the rest of the top 10, though the majority of those albums were also always going to make the top 10 or just slip outside of it. Beyond the top 10, there’s plenty of albums that are pretty even. Also, there’s a possibility, as always, that albums that make this list now may not make it in December or may slips a couple of spots.
- Beyoncé, Lemonade (Sony)
- Radiohead, A Moon Shaped Pool (XL)
- Rihanna, Anti (Roc Nation)
- Kendrick Lamar, Untitled Unmastered (Interscope)
- Anthony Hamilton, What I’m Feelin’ (RCA)
- David Bowie, Blackstar (Columbia)
- Panic! At The Disco, Death of A Bachelor (Fueled by Ramen)
- Chance the Rapper, Coloring Book (Chance the Rapper)
- Kanye West, The Life Of Pablo
- Jon Bellion, The Human Condition (Capitol)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Getaway
- Ariana Grande, Dangerous Woman (Republic)
- Maren Morris, Hero (Columbia)
- Sturgill Simpson, A Sailor’s Guide to Earth (Atlantic)
- Lukas Graham, Lukas Graham (Warner Bros.)
- Deftones, Gore (Reprise)
- Anderson. Paak, Malibu (Steel Wool / OBE)
- BJ The Chicago Kid, In My Mind (Motown)
- Drake, Views (Cash Money)
- Zayn, Mind of Mine (RCA)
- The Lumineers, Cleopatra (Dualtone Music)
- Elton John, Wonderful Crazy Night (Mercury/Island)
- Nick Jonas, Last Year Was Complicated (Island)
- The 1975, I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It (Interscope)
- Paul Simon, Stranger to Stranger (Capitol)
Again, please make sure you check out The Musical Hype – it’s a continual work in progress and definitely exemplifies the characterization up-and-coming!