It is safe to say that R&B singer K. Michelle has no filter. NONE! Her third studio album, More Issues Than Vogue continues her risqué approach to R&B. What better way to analyze More Issues Than Vogue than by the lyrics?
1) “Who the f*ck / told y’all hoes to open up? / Cut – that’s enough! / I’m comin’ straight from the gut…” – “Mindful”
Commentary: Well, it’s safe to say that K. Michelle isn’t hurting for confidence or brashness here. Hmm, best be “mindful” of messing with her…
2) “You keep sayin’ you the illest b*tch / but I still feel like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill” – “Mindful”
Commentary: Hey, you can’t go wrong with a Quentin Tarantino film, let alone Kill Bill – it’s a classic!
3) “Come and show me some love / got that booty sitting right / I make it clap got them booty cheeks looking like they getting into a fight” – “Got Em Like”
Commentary: Hmm, one of the reasons why K. Michelle’s “got ‘em like damn” apparently…just saying!
4) “Oh, I got my own sh*t, don’t want your money / nope, I drop a hundred bands like it’s easy money” – “Ain’t You”
Commentary: K. Michelle isn’t worried about money – she just wants him.
5) “Only one I be giving game to / these dudes mad cause they really ain’t you” – “Ain’t You”
Commentary: See the commentary on #4.
6) “If you think I want you, not a little bit / if you think I need you, not a little bit / I finally moved on I’m over it / if you think I need you, not” – “Not A Little Bit”
Commentary: K. Michelle has moved on – she don’t want you anymore!
7) “Makes us insane, no one’s to blame / that’s how I know you’re the one / it’s crazy, amazing / we f*cked it up / If it ain’t love, I don’t know what is” – “If It Ain’t”
Commentary: Basically, K. Michelle is saying that love is a crazy trip. It can be amazing or messed up.
8) “Tell me why do we, why do we, why do we / make the bed / when we know we gonna mess it up again?” – “Make The Bed”
Commentary: Freaky. “It’s goin’ down!”
9) “Baby, please excuse my behavior / but can I get back the f*cks that I gave you?” – “Nightstand”
Commentary: Gotta love double entendre. Has the f-bomb ever been better utilized?
10) “Oh these men / they sho’ be getting around / wifing all of these b*tches around town / but I can’t play fool / they don’t know nothin’, ‘bout nothin’, ‘bout love” – “These Men”
Commentary: From K. Michelle’s perspective, the men are all dogs. Beware of her wrath!
11) “If all I got is the love I was promised / I’m good, even if it’s all I got / if all I got is the touch of your body / I’m good, even if it’s all I got” – “All I Got”
Commentary: All she wants is his love – it’s all she needs.
12) “Tell me how to find somebody / who gon’ be on time on time / it’s too late for you and I / Thank God I left you right on time, on time” – “Time”
Commentary: Much like “All I Got,” K. Michelle seems to have landed her Prince Charming.
13) “I got rich people problems / only way to solve ‘em / keep on getting’ rich / richer and richer…” – “Rich”
Commentary: K. Michelle may have issues as a famous/rich person, but she definitely wants to keep getting that paper.
14) “I’m angry so many nights, as I lay by your side, and you / sleep like a baby, oh you sleep like a baby” – “Sleep Like A Baby”
Commentary: She’s mad while he’s content and “sleeping like a baby” – pretty self-explanatory stuff.