Prepare to be utterly shocked…Adele is tops for a third consecutive week! SHOCKING…said no one ever. Adele’s dominance plus 24 more chart takeaways!
1) Adele. 25. Enough said. Three weeks and big numbers…NEXT!
2) Adele put Coldplay in unfamiliar territory – the runner-up spot. That’s right – A Head Full Of Dreams settled for #2.
3) G-Eazy’s sophomore album When It’s Dark Out debuts at #5, exceeding the sales of his 2014 debut. These Things Happen debuted better at #3, but with significantly less pure sales.
4) Rick Ross’ luck in the top five of the chart seems to have run out. For the second consecutive album, Ross debuts at #6. Black Market is Ross’ lowest debuting LP in regards to sales.
5) Troye Sivan’s full-length debut Blue Neighbourhood lands at #7 with respectable numbers.
6) The Weeknd spends his 15th week in the top 10 with Beauty Behind The Madness (#10).
7) Taylor Swift finds herself outside of the top 10 once again. 1989 slides from 5th to 12th.
8) Twenty One Pilots sees its sophomore album Blurryface improve 12 spots from #27 to #15.
9) Curren$y’s latest album Canal Street Confidential debuts modestly at #30.
10) Kid Cudi’s Speedin’ Bullet 2 Heaven didn’t exactly ‘light up’ the charts. The digital-only effort only mustered up a #36 start.
11) Hmm, folks didn’t welcome back Babyface with open arms. Return of the Tender Lover just barely cracks the top 40 at #39.
12) Jeremih released an album…that’s news to many folks. Late Nights: The Album debuted quietly at #42.
13) Stone Temple Pilots’ Thank You reenters the Billboard 200 at #47 following Scott Weiland’s death.
14) Alessia Cara’s Know-It-All slips 20 spots from #38 to #58.
15) Kendrick Lamar sees his Grammy-nominated To Pimp A Butterfly improve 12 spots from #71 to #59.
16) Logic drops 30 spots this week – OUCH! The Incredible True Story falls from #31 to #61 in just four short weeks on the chart.
17) Mac Miller sees a big jump on the charts with GO:OD AM. After sitting at #180, GO:OD AM rises 118 spots to #62.
18) No confidence whatsoever for Demi Lovato – Confident free falls 37 spots from #26 to #63 in week eight.
19) This week, things don’t sound good or feel good for 5 Seconds of Summer. Sounds Good Feels Good drops 32 spots from #35 to #67. Hard to believe this was formerly a number one album.
20) Jadakiss’ Top 5 Dead or Alive drops another 40 spots in week three! The album started at #4, dropped to #44, and this week drops to #84.
21) Logic might’ve had a crappy week, but Jeezy’s was worst. Church In These Streets slipped from #34 to #89 – that’s a 55 spot drop!
22) After debuting at #14, Erykah Badu’s mixtape But You Caint Use My Phone drops to #95 in week two.
23) The late Pimp C finds himself gracing the charts posthumously with Long Live The Pimp at #96.
24) Ty Dolla $ign’s Free TC seems to be going nowhere. The effort drops from #86 to #119 four weeks in.
25) It just hasn’t worked out well for Lana Del Rey this go round. Honeymoon slips from #68 to #150 in week 12.