Adele is number one again – anybody shocked? Didn’t think so. That non-shocking chart takeaway, and 24 more!
1) Adele’s 25 becomes the first album to sell a million copies (or more in her case) in two consecutive weeks. Number one with a bullet baby!
2) For a second straight week, Justin Bieber remains in the runner-up spot with Purpose. Ah, if it weren’t for Adele…
3) One Direction slides one spot with Made In The A.M. (#3 to #4), thanks to the rise of Pentatonix’s platinum-certified That’s Christmas To Me (#6 to #3).
4) It happened again – Taylor Swift returned to the top 10 after three weeks off. Three weeks out of 58 is exactly how many times 1989 found itself outside of the top 10 and never once has left the top 20.
5) Carrie Underwood sees her Storyteller rise from #14 to #7, six weeks in.
6) Erykah Badu’s surprise album/mixtape (whatever it is) But You Caint Use My Phone debuts at #14.
7) Andrea Bocelli’s Cinema improves from #54 to #22 in week number six.
8) Demi Lovato’s confidence has to be on the rise. Confident rises from #39 to #26.
9) Logic slips 10 more spots as The Incredible True Story slides from #21 to #31 after just three short weeks in.
10) They say that people don’t go to church like they used to. Maybe that’s the problem with Jeezy’s Church In These Streets – it slips from 18th to 34th in week three.
11) No “b*tchin’” about this – 5 Seconds of Summer’s Sounds Good Feels Good improves 10 spots from #45 to #35.
12) After debuting well at #4, Jadakiss’s Top 5 Dead Or Alive plummets to #44.
13) Toby Mac gets a lift as This Is Not A Test shoots up the charts from #179 to #55.
14) The Stages look bright for Josh Groban, at least for this week. The vocal artist’s most recent album improves 15 spots from #73 to #58.
15) Good news for Lana Del Rey – Honeymoon sees a 15-spot improvement (#83 to #68).
16) Kendrick Lamar had a bad week last week as To Pimp A Butterfly slipped to #97. This week, the set ascends 26 spots (#71).
17) Third week is not charm for Kirk Franklin. Losing My Religion tumbles from #49 to #78 – ouch!
18) Free TC is definitely not getting the commercial love it should be. Ty Dolla $ign’s full-length debut dropped 31 spots from #55 to #86.
19) X Ambassadors’ VHS drops 35 spots from #93 to #128 in its 23rd week on the charts.
20) Nicki Minaj’s The Pinkprint drops considerably from #87 to #131. That said the set has spent 51 weeks on the chart.
21) Tyrese’s Black Rose reenters the Billboard 200 at #134, marking its 17th week on the charts.
22) Old Dominion has not gained traction. The country band’s debut album Meat And Candy free falls from #90 to #149 in week four.
23) In its 37th chart week, James Bay’s Chaos And The Calm falls from #115 to #167.
24) Mac Miller’s run has been rough with GO:OD AM, which dips from #148 to #180 (11 weeks).
25) The Vamps debut on the Billboard 200 – maybe that should be a victory. It’s, um, modest. Wake Up sneaks in at #186. #No Swag