No matter what your opinion is of Mac Miller, it’s hard to deny that the dude knows how to deliver punch lines. Is he the most prolific rapper ever? No, but the 23-year old Pittsburgh rapper has swagger to say the least. Theses lyrics excerpted from GO:OD AM can be described as clever, arrogant, and misogynistic among other characterizations. We wouldn’t have it any other way Mac!
1) “We in between heaven and hell / f**k your 9 to 5, I’d rather end up dead or in jail / American ninja to these obstacles / No stoppin’ me, we on the move / your mouth runnin’ like a prostitute’s / Keep your head to yourself” (“Brand Name”)
Interpretation: Earth is between heaven and hell; He doesn’t want regular job; he can’t be stopped; crude sex reference
2) “To everyone who sell me drugs / Don’t mix it with that bullshit I’m hopin’ not to join the 27 club / just want the coke dealer house with the velvet rug / f**k the world there’s no one else but us” (“Brand Name”)
Interpretation: He doesn’t want to join the musicians who died at just 27 due to an overdose; he wants the things that hustlers have though
3) “I’m a deranged motherf****r, took too many uppers / now it’s Rush Hour, Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker” (“Rush Hour”)
Interpretation: He crazy because he’s high as…
4) “In my lifetime, my whole M.O. was to get this M.O.N.E.Y. / sabotage the wealthy and enrichen the poor / long story short, that’s one of my long term goals / my anatomy is platinum / gold is old” (AB Soul, “Two Matches”)
Interpretation: Platinum > Gold
5) “And as a child, I was curious my mind was the dirtiest / Curse words were probably my first words, affirmative” (Mac Miller, “Two Matches”)
Interpretation: Mac has always been rough around the edges.
6) “Lord is important, but I am stronger / I’m a monster with the heart of a lion divide and conquer / walk on water, it won’t be long till I flyin’ that’s my departure” (Mac Miller, “Two Matches”)
Interpretation: Blasphemous – Miller claims he’s bigger than the Lord. NO WAY!
7) “I swear to God I put the hero in heroin / these flows, kilos, I could sell snow to a ski slop / I could sell evil to the devil / Nonbelievers to a temple / sh*t, I could sell water to a speedboat” (“100 Grandkids”)
Interpretation: Mac is killing it and can make anybody a believer in what he has to offer
8) “When I first made a hundred grand, thought I was the sh*t / when I first made a hundred grand, thought I was a king” (“100 Grandkids”)
Interpretation: Self-explanatory. He’s thought he was the man when he made $100,000.
9) “I’m an honest man, my mama told me never put it on the lotto and / I work for everything I get that is my motto, fam / so when I die, these b****s still can f**k my hologram, god damn!” (“Time Flies”)
Interpretation: The last part about sex with a hologram hails from an earlier song, “Goosebumpz” from Watching Movies With The Sound Off.
10) “And all the time we fall behind, b*****s in the concubine, I call her mine, crazy” (“Weekend”)
Interpretation: Crude sex reference.
11) “Yeah, above ground about thirty thousand miles up / told the b***h slow down like dial-up / Go down first and she climbing up” (“Clubhouse”)
12) “Ever since I came in the game they been sour / I’m the plug, get your motherf**kin’ power up…I stay lifted, smoking, sipping / fixes fixing all my problems” (“Clubhouse”)
Interpretation: He’s big and he’s also drunk, high… he has his demons.
13) “All my life I been a f**k up, never did anything right /that’s why everyday I’m f**ked up / Mama pray to Jesus Christ” (“In The Bag”)
Interpretation: Mac has been in trouble…a lot.
14) “Every time I put my d**k inside a b***h, it’s spiritual / got the whip that say wealthy on my steering wheel / Brand new model b***h made me waffles and some cereal / that’s what I call a good morning” (“In The Bag”)
Interpretation: Likens sex and spirituality (odd); has a new girl who’s awesome
15) “When I die, bury me in my Mercedes, God damn” (“In The Bag”)
Interpretation: 2 Chainz swag.
16) “So many people told me that I wouldn’t be shit / But now I walk around with money and my hand on my d**k” (“Break The Law”)
Interpretation: Not literal – at least the last part. He’s come up despite people said he’d become nothing.
17) “I killed the game like Jeffrey Dahmer did the 80s” (“Break The Law”)
Interpretation: See Jeffrey Dahmer.
18) “Going around door to door, setting off alarms / all that horseshit, you should have left it at the barn / keep a stallion, tell her gallop to the store and get cigars, yeah / too many whips, gotta get a new garage made” (“Perfect Circle / God Speed”)
Interpretation: Another objectification of women – the stallion part at least.
19) “Everybody say I need rehab / Cause I’m speedin’ with a blindfold on and won’t be long ‘til they watching me crash…” (“Perfect Circle / God Speed”)
Interpretation: Self-explanatory. People are about to watch Mac really mess up.
20) “Came up from the gravel to the motherf***ing castle / broke culture all we do is trappin’ / at the table breaking bread with Italians / Got a whole bunch of b*****s doing Valiums” (“When In Rome”)
Interpretation: Pretty self-explanatory. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
21) “Your love is not too kind to me / the only thing on my mind is she / my love, my love, my love, my love” (“ROS”)
Interpretation: “Will the real Mac Miller please stand up?” This can’t be him.
22) “Got the cops pull me over they gon’ want to take the Bimmer / But I’mma do the dash beat it like Tina” (“Cut The Check”)
Interpretation: Ah he’s “Ridin’ Dirty!”
23) “I met God before I ever stepped into a church and that motherf****r still owe me money / I need a religion to follow / I swear to God that I got more problems than there is b*****s in Carlo” (“Ascension”)
Interpretation: Hmm, Mac is going to hell. You can’t call the Most High that! SMH!
24) “So high looking at Heaven below / You know me though from coast to coast for smoking dope / Overdose with the holy ghost, but hold the phones…” (“Jump”)
Interpretation: Hopefully that “overdose with the holy ghost” is legit, particularly after the blasphemous “Ascension”
25) “Ask God if she believe in me and will she accept me as deity” (“The Festival”)
Interpretation: Deity? Yep, he’s definitely going to hell.