The Weeknd decided not to budge from the number one spot on the Billboard 200. He killed the vibe of some rockers who kill with their five fingers – or something like that! Also, notable R&B albums find themselves slipping down the charts. Those chart takeaways and more!
1) The Weeknd makes it two weeks in a row at #1 with Beauty Behind The Madness.
2) Five Finger Death Punch is in a familiar spot – #2. Got Your Six sold the most albums this week, but fell short of The Weeknd’s glory in streaming, tracks, and sales.
3) Travi$ Scott’s highly anticipated debut Rodeo debuts at #3 on the Billboard 200. While that’s not bad, the numbers factored in as well it’s not great or profound either.
4) Iron Maiden proves that the veterans can get it done too! The Book Of Souls debuts respectably at #4.
5) Troye Sivan debuts at #5 with Wild, his sophomore EP. This makes it two top ten albums for Sivan, with this one outpacing the last.
6) After a big week last week, Halsey slips from second to eighth place with Badlands.
7) Future reenters the top 10 after a week hiatus (#11 to #10). This marks seven nonconsecutive weeks in the top 10.
8) Scarface just misses the top 10 of the BB200 – amazing right? Deeply Rooted lands at #11. The Wonder Years follow right behind him with No Closer To Heaven at #12.
9) The slide of Compton continues – Dr Dre’s first album in 16 years slips 10 spots from #5 to #15.
10) K Camp’s Only Way Is Up debuts at #20. Yep, that’s about it.
11) After rising to #17 after a dry spell, Tori Kelly comes back to earth as Unbreakable slips to #30. Unbreakable has charted for 12 weeks as of yet.
12) Is Elle King gaining some traction with Love Stuff? Apparently, as the set reaches a new at #37, improving five spots.
13) Maddie & Tae ‘started’ at #7. Unfortunately for them, Start Here drops 36 spots to #43.
14) Talk about a Depression Cherry (whatever that is)! Beach House drops from 8th to 50th, a 42 spot loss. Da-yum Son!
15) Kip Moore continues to lose support for Wild Ones. The album plummets from #39 to #75 a short three weeks in.
16) The bottom seems to have fallen out of Tyrese’s Black Rose this week. Black Rose free falls from #46 to #81 after charting for nine weeks.
17) Alabama Shakes sees Sound & Color improve 64 spots from #149 to #85. Go band!
18) Are people sick of Fifty Shades of Grey? Guess so! The soundtrack loses 42 spots this week, falling to #86.
19) Not looking the least bit good for Carly Rae Jepsen – E•MO•TION slips 40 spots from #64 to #104 only three weeks in.
20) All Time Low sees their former #2 bowing Future Hearts reenter the chart at #106 for only a ninth week.
21) Jill Scott continues to see Woman fall from the ranks – it slips from #84 to #117 after just seven weeks. This album debuted at #1!
22) Bon Jovi had the ‘fans only’ thing right with Burning Bridges. Unfortunately, not many of the fans have purchased the album, which debuted at #13, dropped to #63, and sits at #134 three weeks in.
23) Rob Thomas’ star seems to have burned out back in the 00s. The Great Unknown, a solid album, drops nearly 100 spots this week to #151. This is only Thomas’ third week in, much like Carly Rae Jepsen and Bon Jovi. OUCH!
24) No one wanted “a war” from Bullet From My Valentine; Venom has sold horridly, this week falling 41 spots to #181. How many weeks in? A mere four weeks in my friends!
25) Nick Jonas hangs on the Billboard 200 by ‘skin of his teeth.’ Nick Jonas sits at #197 this week.