The Detroit rapper got it done – Big Sean scores his first #1 album. That takeaway and 24 more!
1) Big Sean finally landed at the top. After two albums debuted at #3, the MC’s third album Dark Sky Paradise debuted at #1.
2) Kid Rock settles for the runner-up spot, but First Kiss sells only slightly less than Rock’s previous album did.
3) Fifty Shades of Grey is unstoppable. The soundtrack spends a second consecutive week at #3.
4) Drake continues to feel the “Blessings,” even if he falls two spots to #4. And yes I know, “Blessings” is from Big Sean’s Dark Sky Paradise.
5) Chris Brown & Tyga find their Fan Of A Fan: The Album land at #7. Not that many fans partook apparently – just saying!
6) Imagine Dragons find their sophomore album Smoke + Mirrors slip from #1 to #9.
7) Led Zeppelin’s Physical Graffiti renters the Billboard 200 at #11. The set is a former #1 album and this marks its 43rd week on the charts.
8) Red’s Of Beauty And Rage debuts at #14 on the Billboard 200.
9) Matt Kearney’s latest album, Just Kids, debuts at #20.
10) Falling In Reverse’s Just Like You lands right behind Kearney’s Just Kids at #21.
11) Vance Joy has another remarkable bounce-back as Dream Your Life Away rises from #47 to #24.
12) Skrillex & Diplo Present Jack U debuts at #26. Can you go wrong with Skrill or Dip?
13) One Direction’s FOUR drops from #26 to #38. Nobody cares about “stealing their girls” apparently.
14) It’s a bumpy chart ride for Fifth Harmony as Reflection drops from #27 to #43 in only its fourth week on the charts.
15) Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga’s duets album Cheek To Cheek ascends back up the charts from #115 to #51.
16) The Airborne Toxic Event’s latest album Dope Machines debuts at #56.
17) Little Big Town see a spike in sales/impact as Pain Killer rises from #125 to #62.
18) Diana Krall continues her downward spiral down the chart. Wallflower falls 27 spots from #42 to #69.
19) Iggy Azalea’s Reclassified reenters the Billboard 200 at #79. This marks Reclassified’s 12th week on the chart.
20) Raheem DeVaughn finds his Love Sex Passion fall from its bow at #31 all the way to #96. For you mathematicians, that’s a 65 spot loss.
21) BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah’s joint album Sour Soul debuts at #109. Modest to say the least, wouldn’t you agree?
22) Three weeks in and Father John Misty drops from #63 to #115. But “Holy S**t,” I Love You, Honeybear is such a great album!
23) An album entitled Riser has to rise sometimes doesn’t it? Dierks Bentley sees his cleverly titled effort improve from #129 to #123. The former top ten album has spent 50 weeks on the chart.
24) Can you guess which direction Marilyn Manson’s The Pale Emperor went? It’s destiny – falls from #99 to #135.
25) Jazmine Sullivan doesn’t know how much I adore her. I wish more would join me though, because Reality Show has no chart traction whatsoever. It falls from #92 to #148. It’s true, “Forever Don’t Last.”