Since Nicki Minaj didn’t top the Billboard 200, don’t we know he did? 25 Chart takeaways – take it away!
1) You already know who’s number one this week… Should’ve left this one as a “Blank Space.”
2) Yes, people are “looking a Nicki Minaj’s butt” – just not enough to make her sell/impact more than Taylor Swift. Still, The Pinkprint’s #2 start is solid.
3) J. Cole didn’t fall two far with 2014 Forest Hills Drive – he’s still holding down the top five moving from #1 to #4.
4) Is D’Angelo’s Black Messiah truly messianic? Well to R&B fans who’ve been starving for neo-soul’s return. 111,000 of them partook, enough to give “Sugah Daddy” himself a #5 debut.
5) AC/DC keep on, keeping on as Rock Or Bust spends its third week in the top ten (#10).
6) Her perfection in American Apparel underwear doesn’t carry over to live albums apparently – 5 Seconds of Summer’s LIVESOS settles for a #13 start.
7) Idina Menzel has to be happy with how well her holiday season’s been going, but expect the Holiday Wishes to continue to fall with Christmas over and done. A drop from #12 to #17 won’t feel like anything pretty soon!
9) No encores for K. Michelle, who’s finding it hard to find suitors to “buy her heart” on Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart? this week. It slips from #6 to #29 – OUCH – now that’s heartbreak!
10) The Voice is taking over the Billboard 200. That said, the positions and numbers aren’t really intimidating – just saying!
11) The “talking” is getting “sweeter” for Jessie J, whose Sweet Talker jumps from #71 to #45.
12) Those London Sessions continue to be cut short for Mary J. Blige. This week, she falls 21 spots from #25 to #46. That is enough to make her go to “Therapy two times a day.”
13) Apparently there’s not a thing wrong with being “Detroit Made.” Bob Seger is going to Ride Out as much as he can. This week, the riding is all good, ascending from #97 to #55.
14) Big tumble for OneRepublic, as Native free-falls from #36 to #68.
15) Did anyone realize that those Arctic Monkeys have kept AM on the Billboard 200 for 67 weeks now? AM sits at #70 this week.
16) Barry Manilow’s dreams may be coming true this week – at least in regards to a bump in sales. My Dream Duets rises from #136 to #75. That said, it’s only been on the charts for 7 weeks – OUCH.
17) X did not mark the spot this week for Chris Brown – epic plunge from #32 to #77.
18) Coldplay ‘Ghost Stories’ rises from #119 to #94 this week.
19) Gov’t Mule debuts modestly with its Pink Floyd covers album, Dark Side of the Mule (#99).
20) Rick Ross, you should’ve avoided Hood Billionaire! #68 to #107 in it’s fourth week speaks for itself.
21) YG’s soundtrack, Blame It On The Streets, debuts at #118…
22) Going back to The Voice, guess who’s Complete Seasons 7 Collection did the poorest? Damien’s (#136)… Sorry bro!
23) Not too many LOVE MAKONNEN… the I LOVE MAKONNEN (EP) debuts tepidly at #148.
25) Talk about having a sucky second week! Smashing Pumpkins stink it up as Monuments To An Elegy has the most epic fall of all – #33 to #192! SMH!